Our curriculum is designed to ensure progress is made by each student every term and activities are deliberately chosen to suit the focus of each lesson.
There is an end of semester performance for family and friends to enjoy! The quality of our program is reflected in the response we receive from parents and students. Please see our ‘Testimonials’ page.
The curriculum meets the following key criteria for primary Drama:
1. Making – Classes use various forms of drama such as mime, movement, improvisation, characterisation, story-telling and play building to develop students skills in creating, role-playing and theatre making.
2. Performing – Students have the opportunity to evaluate and practise their skills through in class performances with their peers and end of term performances.
3. Appreciating – Students learn to evaluate drama in the context of the wider world through class activities and watching each other's progress.
Central Coast Drama is also committed to the following learning outcomes:
1. Identity – students co-operate, collaborate and use role play to become characters to explore and understand the world around them.
2. Community – student use drama to broaden their understanding of others, working together and problem solve.
3. Well-being – working together towards a common goal and using drama to explore feelings and emotions.
4. Learning – using their imaginations through movement, voice and role play.
5. Communication – interacting using a variety of drama skills to solve problems, create solutions, develop listening skills and move the action forwards.
SPARKS – 5 – 8 years
Lessons and performances have a strong focus on exploring moral values. We use a familiar story to help with performance confidence.
STARS – 8 – 12 years
Lessons and performances have a strong focus on exploring performance skills. Lessons will focus on exploring staging technique, vocal skill and creating character.
SPOTLIGHTS – 12 years+
Lessons and performances have a strong focus on developing dramatic structure, style and building truthful character. They learn vocal, movement and staging technique skills.
INCLUSION: Our classes are inclusive of all students with physical or learning challenges or a diagnosis. We endeavour to make all students feel welcome and are able to provide a safe place for students to further their social skills, eye contact, memory skills and confidence.